How I survived GERDS or Acid Reflux



How I survived GERDS or Acid Reflux?


HOW IT ALL STARTED?

It started when I was still working in the last company that I’ve worked with. December 2016 when I first felt the pain in my upper stomach. I have always felt that same pain way back 2016. It was just last December 2016 when it hit me hard. In my lifestyle history, I was always the type of person who sleep late and woke up late, as in 12 noon (if no work). Yes, I was not a morning person way back then. I also don’t eat on time. Most of the time I skipped breakfast. I eat late lunch, or sometimes I eat brunch (breakfast-lunch) time. I also don’t drink a lot of water. And I love coffee shop a lot. Almost every week I visited coffee shop not for brewed coffee but for their mocha frappe, or iced chocolate plus cake and pasta. And when I eat, I eat a lot. As in a lot. I also drink green tea. So to make it short, I’m not a healthy person before. Until such time when I can no longer handle the pain.
It was almost 7am when I felt dizzy and need to vomit. I went straight in our comfort room and vomited more than 4 times. I know I felt something wrong in my stomach so I rushed to the hospital. I made some test and resident doctors asked me everything that happened before I arrived in the hospital. So the final verdict is I have a “Acid Reflux or GERDS – Gastro-esophageal Reflux Disease”. My doctor gave me prescription and list of food and drinks to eat and not to eat. And I’ll share that with you.
First, you have to remember that not all food affects everyone the same way. You will need to learn which food cause your symptoms. You need to have a diet eating plan. But it can be not so complicated compare to those who wants to be sexy.

WHICH FOOD SHOULD I AVOID?
Beverages:
·         Hot cocoa and chocolate milk
·         Whole milk
·         Tea, with or without caffeine
·         Regular or decaf coffee
·         Drinks with alcohol
·         Orange and grapefruit juices
·         Carbonated drinks

Spices and Seasonings:
·         Black and red pepper
·         Garlic powder
·         Chili powder

Other Food:
·         Dairy food made from whole milk or cream
·         Spicy or strongly flavored cheese, such as jalapeno or black pepper
·         Highly seasoned, high-fat meat, such as sausage, salami, bacon, ham and cold cuts
·         Hot chili and peppers
·         Onion and garlic
·         Tomato products, such as tomato paste, tomato sauce, or tomato juice

WHICH FOOD CAN I EAT AND DRINK?
Nothing! Joke! Eat a variety of healthy food from all the food groups. Eat fruit, vegetables, whole grains, and fat-free or low-fat dairy food. Whole grains include whole-wheat bread, cereals, pasta, and brown rice. Choose lean meat, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts. A healthy meal plan is low in unhealthy fats, salt, and added sugar. Healthy fats include olive oil and canola oil.

ALSO…
·         Do not eat right before bedtime. Stop eating at least 2 hours before bedtime.

·         Eat small, frequent meals. Your stomach may tolerate small, frequent meals better than large meals.

      AND.. Be happy always! :)

Comments